Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cat people

Here is a short story for you all. (and unfortunately true)

I went to my friends house the other day and we were watching a movie on her couch. After about 10 minutes, her dumb cat walks downstairs and jumps on my lap. She starts laughing, overly amused by the situation, and starts ranting on how her cat was feeling "protective of her" and "demonstrating its dominance" because I was around. So I was thinking to myself, "you assume all this cuz some dumb cat jumped on my lap? Im pretty sure he just wanted some damn food or me to rub his head." However, I didn't say anything because trying to convince a "cat person" that a cat is just like any other animal is like trying to convince a pot head that pot shouldn't be legalized. (btw it should)

So anyway, the cat soon leaves, and comes back about 10 minutes later. It then continues to meow consistently for about 15 minutes while scratching the carpet and the door to the basement. So i ask my friend if the cat needs anything and she keeps telling me no and that the cat is just acting weird because I am around and its "territorial" and stupid stuff like that. Like she knows exactly what this cat is thinking. The fn Sigmund Freud of cats!

So after meowing and scratching crap for 20 minutes, this cat goes into a corner, and takes a pee right on the carpet while looking at me dead in the eye the whole time. So i go, "wtf i told you your cat needed to go out." And she replied, "omg, he must be so stressed that you are on his favorite couch, you should leave."

So i left her and her dumb cat and haven't talk to them since. So now I ask you guys, am i right in thinking that this girl is absolutely crazy and I should never talk to her again? (btw that's my plan right now) Or, am I over reacting, and she is right in doing what she did because the cat was there first and cats do have feelings just like people? So please let me know what you think about the situation and what I should do about it

6 comments:

cc said...

i guess cat do have feelings just like other animals... maybe even your pape... who knows right? anw, about the girl's cat. i think the cat just wanna go out to pee and i guess its just natural for cats to go near people. the girl is just too concerned abt the cat's "feelings". yeah, maybe you shld avoid, though its abit childish.

Elcrimer said...

just let it go, maybe ur Pape would do the same if it saw her with u,"get out of his Aquarium then pee on here lap", and off-course u would ask her to leave cause u love ur Pape...

&You should be grateful that this cat only jumped on ur lap and didn't pee on it ...

Anonymous said...

You just spend that whole post convincing us that woman is crazy, then you ask us if she is crazy. Well apperantly you think so and thats all that matters.

btw cats rock
- Jaer

Patch said...

if that's all the "crazy" that bothers you now....Run! All it can do it get worse from there.

Leon said...

All the crazy chicks I've known in my life (including my grandma) have all had cats.
The same can't be said for guys for some reason.
*Waits for the onslaught of abuse from cat owning crazy chicks or cat owning crazy chicks pretending to be guys.*

KP said...

Cats do have feelings and they do feel territorial but dude, this owner does not know its own cat as it seems.

As for the crazy part, yup your plan is purrrfect.. :D